My quest for the one true love of my life

Tuesday, January 25, 2005

this road

The road is long, longer than I imagined. It is full of twists and turns; pitfalls and cliff edges.
I sometimes don't know how to deal with what I come across.
It frightens me, or hurts me, or stains my conscience.
Overwhelming circumstances threaten to halt my faith and build the foundation of doubt
Relationships move up and down, around and around and backwards leaving me dizzy.
My mind is always turning and thoughts that pass often leave me with a bad taste in my mouth
I say stuff, do stuff, lose stuff, and I am stuff that I wish I never had or never was.
What can I do with this pain, worry, loss, frustration, shame, failure, and selfish nature of mine?
The only thing that I can, because all else would be striving on my own.
I come to you Jesus, and I lay it at your feet. I bow my head in submission to you.
Your presence accentuates my issues, but your presence is also where I can leave them.
I am nothing without you, but you are everything to me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home