alone?
The room is full of people
and yet I feel alone
laughing, talking, joking, hugging
and yet the emptiness remains
frustration builds and
desperation soon follows
its like trying to catch a shadow
or encountering mirages in a desert
I can't stand to stay
and so I run away
If alone is what I will feel
then I want it for real
Emotions well up inside
choking the life out of me
swirling in confusion
I drop to my knees
God, where are you?
where have you been?
why do I feel so utterly alone?
why do I feel so much pain?
Holding the tears back
I huddle in a corner
whimpering, I hide my face
for He is right there
It was not you who left me
It was I who pushed you away
Forgive me for my pride
and please draw me to your side.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home