My quest for the one true love of my life

Friday, November 12, 2004

A struggle for silence

Okay... I know that I've just about broken every rule there is on poem writing with this, but I wasn't trying to create a masterpiece... just express myself and this is the best way I know how. So take it or leave it... it isn't for you anyhow.

Be quiet self and listen
Turn off your constant chatter.
I cannot hear the one I love
because of you noisy banter

Be still self and listen
be at rest and take it in
I can't make out his words
because of you again!

Relax self and listen
don't try to figure it out
close up your noisy self

I'd not hear if he did shout!

Shut up self and listen!
Why can't I quiet my thoughts?

drowned in my efforts for silence are
his messages which never stop.

Close up self and softly listen
make it a conscious choice.
or fine, keep striving on and on
and I'll miss His still small voice!

Oh powerless self can you not just listen?

Where can I find the silence I need?

This incessant noise inside my head

makes it hard to let the Spirit lead.


Lord I give it up to you now
I've tried it on my own
but instead of gaining silence
the noise has only grown

Oh God you know I want to hear you
but I cannot argue myself into silence
cut through my endless circle of thought
and fill my soul with your spoken presence



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home