My quest for the one true love of my life

Tuesday, January 04, 2005

memory

Hee hee!!! here is something that I found in the files of my computer as I was organizing them... I wrote this during the summer after coming home from working at my Dad's dental office. Anyway, it made me laugh again.

The other day at work, I had a very lively talkative 6 year old patient.... trying to clean her teeth was a bit of a challenge. She talked so much it was hard to get anything to stay in her mouth let alone get anything done!!! First it took me awhile to even get her to sit down in the chair... and then of course she wanted to know how the thing worked and so I showed her. Then when she was ready for me to "count her teeth" she saw my explorer which is a pointed hook she said accusingly "You are going to poke me!!!" So I had to explain that I just was going to tap her teeth with it to "count:" them. When I tried to put my mirror in her mouth she asked quite concerned.... "are there other people's germs on those?" She also took it from me in order to see how it worked and began examining her own mouth until I coaxed her to give it back to me. She wanted to know if there was enough air for me to breath behind my mask and why I wore gloves. When I mentioned that Dr. Grindall was going to come look at her teeth she got quite serious and asked "is he good?" I was a little hard put how to answer her until she clarified "Will he take out all my teeth?" Then she went on to explain some show she had watched where the "bad" dentist was trying to take out someone's teeth. (Smart people who created that!) I assured her he was good but she was still a little cautious. She squiggled and squirmed and accidentally bit me as I was scraping plaque and polishing her teeth. (Ouch!) I had to keep coaxing her to open up and let me get to her teeth... in all, It was a bit exhausting!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home