My quest for the one true love of my life

Friday, October 29, 2004

Beautiful One

Psalm 27:4
"One thing have I desired of the Lord, that I will seek: that I may dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of my life, to behold the beauty of the Lord."

Today I was telling God how beautiful I thought He was. Just at that moment He (must have) brought my attention to a picture of me that flashed by on my computer screen and He said, "Look how beautiful you are!" I actually Blushed! It was cool... Then He showed me another picture and it was if I could see myself through His eyes and He said, "See how absolutely beautiful and perfect you are?" God thinks I'm beautiful.

God's love for me is amazing... my sin cannot seperate me from it! That is why Jesus died so that it wouldn't get in the way! I often treat it as if it did. I learned the other day that once God forgives me... He chooses not to remember, but sees me as pure as if I never did it! That means when I feel so guilty over past failures.... that isn't God! That is my own mind (or Satan) bringing me down. There is absolutely nothing that I can do to make God love me more. Even when I am wallowing in sin, God is there even then holding and adoring me in love. That is sooo weird! I don't know how He can. All the more reason to love Him, to pour out my heart and life for Him. Not to gain His love, but to demonstrate mine.

Oh Lord, I want to love you more than life, I want to burn with passion for you and only you!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

amen sister. Amy, God's doing amazing work in you. Praise Him. And the really exciting part is that you can share what you learn with your sisters. Awsome.

Love you,
Maria

2:26 p.m.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home