My quest for the one true love of my life

Thursday, November 04, 2004

Peace

Today I poured over my psychology textbook and I promised myself that I will never become a psychologist. I have a midterm monday and I am quite scared. I am almost to the point of convincing myself to not care about my grade cause their is no way i'm getting a good one anyway. If I don't expect a good result then I won't be dissapointed.

On a more hilarious note, jeF schroeder (sp?) totally took me in today with that crazy "i broke my leg in Antarctica" line. I probably wouldn't have believed the guy if I hadn't heard Mary speaking to him about it beforehand. ( note to self -next time remeber there is such a thing as inside jokes)what thorougly threw me off was Christa seperately backing them up. "Oh yes! He just felt that God called him to Antarctica." In my defense it did sort of sound official... I mean phase II of Jesus school... whats not to believe. Ok... His explaination of how he broke his leg, now that set everything straight in my head. There is no way a walrus rolled over on him. (house dad! yeah right) I couldn't believe that I actually believed that he had a metal bar in his leg. my goodness I feel so stupid sometimes. It was funny though... it actually made my day.

John 14:27 - "Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afriad."

comment from a friend on this verse "The same peace that Jesus had while on the earth He gave to us and all we have to do is accept it."
The more I have thought aboout this today the more it has been a huge blessing to me. I love Jesus! (by the way, the reason the number 14 is in bold above, is because said friend told me it was in chpt 13... just a way to show my frustration in looking and looking and not finding, anyway) Remember that Jesus is making available this incredible gift to you! Take advantage of it... He love you so incredibly much! (and so do I if you are reading this)

Aimes

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Peace.. that passes all understanding! the only place I have peace is In His beautifull presence. and I can't always get there very well, because I get distracted and frustrated and self-condmening and where is the peace then? But Jesus promised peace.. and so I hold tight to that. It's so funny, we try so hard to get near Him, and It just makes everything worse. but when we WAIT on Him, His presence and peace will come in like a flood. when we rest in His arms. Thanks Aimes, for reminding me about peace not striving. You are so beautifull and so so special! you have no idea how much i think of you!
Nomes

6:48 p.m.

 
Blogger Soper said...

Amen to that!!!!

7:19 p.m.

 
Blogger aimes said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

8:35 p.m.

 
Blogger aimes said...

Thank you liz... I really appreciate your telling me that. I"m glad I could be a blessing to you. To be honest I feel pretty useless sometimes and your comment was an encouragement. So... your welcome!

12:10 a.m.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home