pearls before swine
I give and I give and I give
my precious pearls
I pour out
like water from deep inside me
I bear myself naked and open
I bow and place myself in their path
valuableness I place in their grasp
Slowly, they lift each foot and trample me
grinding my pearls into the dust
my foolish quickness is rewarded in pain
and my vulnerableness is seized
advantage is taken from me
and I'm left bleeding
Each passing moment seems like a life-time
and soon, I have nothing left
but a pitiful pile of broken jewels
I've given it all away
all I care about now is surviving
so I clutch them to me
I will give no more
But he is standing there asking
I nash my teeth, I weep and I groan
I can't give them to him!
How can I trust that he won't crush me?
"Trust me dear heart"
Heart convulsing, body trembling, I release
He stoops to breath into me
and I live once more
my value now rest in his hands
and there it will stay

1 Comments:
Amy,
I do not know what to say. Please know that your sharing of your struggles touched me. I hope and pray that you are able to trust Him and surrender everything that you can "release" so you can "live once more". This life is about Him and although we try to make it about us He always refocuses our eyes onto Him. With all sincerity, thank you Amy.
9:28 p.m.
Post a Comment
<< Home