soul cry for meaning
What is it in ourselves that cries out against meaninglessness? Why is it seemingly impossible for us to recognize our lives as worthless, or meaningless... and not just shrug our shoulders and go on without caring? Why does it demobalize and destroy us so much? What in us needs life to be more... than just a miserable existence?

4 Comments:
Interesting question for sure...and once you find an answer, which I shall surely pat you on the back for, you will have completely destroyed the silly philosophy of Existentialism (sp?). =)
Anyway, you've got a spiffin' blog! I shall check back from time to time! =)
10:00 p.m.
Meaningless! Utterly meaningless!
Eternity exists within our hearts and cries longly to be recognized and connected with.
Eternity is dissapointed when something mortal tries to appease.
Eternity is fulfilled only when the I AM completely encompasses.
Ecclesiastical Hearts
2:15 p.m.
Wow, everybody talking about existentialism and I was the one who did the report on it. Ecclesiastes goal is our own happiness which apparently connected with fearing God.
I find that in the NT God is only secondarily concerned with our happiness. We have to humbly admit that we are less than God and our lives are not centered around ourselves but God. Sometimes that invloves being unhappy.
I'm in the middle of this wrestling match with God right now. I know I am in the will of God, but I'm not happy and I get to wondering, "What rewards are there for me in this lifetime?"
I find no NT promises that give me any security in my physical life. I am left to hope for better without the assurance it seems.
any thoughts?
12:26 a.m.
Nothing new under the sun....
2000 years ago they struggled with this...
every person seeks to worship something that
fulfills a need...
faith has to have an object...
what is it?
"What things are worth living and dying for?"
"The value of a Rich welcome to eternity"!!
4:57 p.m.
Post a Comment
<< Home