My quest for the one true love of my life

Friday, May 20, 2005

missing

Father, I lie here with an aching pain, not knowing what i want. Faces and memories flash by provoking the pain and triggering tears. My desire is so strong and nothing is satisfying it... I think - if only I was with... but my voice fades off into misery as I realize that that is not what I want nor will it stop the hurt. I know what I want has something to do with love, caring, and friendship. I'm sure of that! I miss that so much. But Father!! As much as I miss them, I realize I don't want them. They are not what my soul is crying out for. I miss... I miss... I stumble for the words. I push faces impatiently away as my mind tries to find comfort or satisfaction in identifying the source of my torment. Trembling, with tears dripping from my chin, I finally realize what I want so badly... So desperately. It is you!!! Everything I miss... is wrapped up soley in... you. Don´t leave me here... teach me to trust you.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, I also hope that you are surviving the hurricane. I love you and your thoughts girl. I feel like that sooften. I feel like I am looking for all those things and what I need is more God, I just choose to push Him away. I hurt, I feel it. Reading that was like reading me so often. Bless ya aimes.

10:05 p.m.

 
Blogger Christa said...

Love is the fulfillment of the law (Rom 13:10). As He opens your heart and you learn to love and be loved, don't be afraid. Take His gentle hand and let Him show you, let Him lead you. His love is so much better than all ours put together, for it is with His love that we attempt to love and care, and it is from our brokenness that we fail, disappoint and hurt one another. However, He will not disappoint you. He loves with a jealous love; let Him love you, let Him care for you. It sounds so cliché, but imagine Him crazy about you! Imagine Him desperate to spend time with you. Ask Him and He will show you.
I read this and I thought of you:
I want to be beautiful
And make you stand in awe
Look inside my heart
And be amazed
I want to hear you say
Who I am is quite enough
I just want to be worthy of love
And beautiful

5:17 p.m.

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That was so good...I love hearing what everyone is thinking about, because usually I am having a similar experience, and that's pretty much true right now. and thank you so much for what you had to say to me, it was such an encouragement. Love you!
Kat

2:19 p.m.

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey you, your other blog site won't let me post comments. That sux, it frustrated me, I wrote a whole thing on it and then I couldn't send anything. ahhh. meh. I like the midnight battle thing tho, but I won't write my whole comment again. I just love you.

10:13 p.m.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home